Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

While coming back from work on a Saturday evening I suddenly realised life is very familiar...almost always.
The weather has been lovely today, not at all like a Delhi 31st May. On my way home there is a garden, and a centuries old mandir, attched to it. In the middle of the garden there is huge Bauri...an ancient royal pond that may have been built to harvest rain water by some progressive king or queen.... But not to be mistaken, the pond is without water, serves best now as a playground for kids from the whole neighbourhood.
I left office early since the electricity supply system on the studio floor conked off today.
I had time... so I sat for a while in the park..watched the children play.
I was almost happy, after a long time... The children were laughing, crying, fighting, hurting, loving and also, hating.
For a few rare moments i enjoyed self oblivion this afternoon sitting in that park.
Suddenly I found myself wondering...will life be a little more worthwhile with a child around. Will it be worth living if i have a baby...
Well ...is life better for the colleague at work who is going to father a baby soon? Is life better for my landlord's son who just got married? Is life better for my brother who lives in the comfort of home and has just bought a white ford fiesta?
Ah! More of questions soon followed... will I be happy if my husband decides to stay with me? Will I be happy if my parents live with me? Will I be happy if I get a pay raise? Will I be happy if I buy a car or a new laptop? Will I be happy with a boyfriend around?
Well, I do not know the answers. I have become too moron-ic and cynical to hope that anything can improve the quality of MY life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman,you need a break from your hectic schedule.Come to Mumbai.or lets plan a trip somewhere.As for the question :will I be happy with a boyfriend? ,the answer is' Heck,Definitely NO!!!!

JK said...

... i agree that boyfriend is not a very good idea, they are a difficult speceis, even more so in case of married women...

trip is a better alternative...

I think i wont mind having someone like your niece in my life...provided i can say f*** off to the father of the child once i have the baby... :)

Quest World said...

Okay the boyfriend bit is interesting! No strings attached etc.
However it comes with a rider -May backfire big time...

So how about some old fashioned remedies. Like acquiring a hobby... I know it sounds damn boring but trust me it works. At least for me it does and I'm sure it will for you as well.

More ideas avaibale on demand :-)

JK said...

...what would i do without your words of wisdom questworld! :)